My photo
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
I'm a Proud Navajo, Father, Husband, Brother, Son, and Friend. I'm all about cheap thrills, guitar pickin', and writing about the adventures of my life. I'm never politically correct.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Indian Stew

Gathering of Nations

Loogit, ober dare...I wonder what kind she is...she must be northern...she just makes me feel...."somehow".

Yep, its coming...HickieFEST 2005, otherwise known as The Gathering of Nations Pow-wow here on April 27-30, in Albuquerque. I've never been to it but I always seem to experience it in some way or another. The big questions at the pool halls, clubs, and other socials are....."what tribe are you from?" and "what's your clan?" and "what are you looking at?" If you're coming out, please be careful, be smart, and have a good time! Let's embrace our other brothers and sisters. It's nice to see a few more brown faces around here, especially in the REAL gathering of nations, Wal-Mart, and I'll feel better that I'm not the only brown guy being stared at.

Yeah, even here with all these Pueblos and Navajos living in and around Albuquerque, some non-native people are still ignorant about Native Americans, American Indians, whatever. Well, they try to be nice and ask if I'm here for the pow-wow. Like I'm visiting. Damn us for being on their land before them! *$#@# I'm really griping about those folks from the northeast heights that call themselves New Mexicans when they're really from Boston and Long Island. Damn, pick up a book or newspaper you pompous BMW drivin', poodle totin', dumbasses! You hear me!!

Anyway, that's beside the point...let's be nice to all that come and partake in our joyous festivities. Hozho.

No comments: