My photo
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
I'm a Proud Navajo, Father, Husband, Brother, Son, and Friend. I'm all about cheap thrills, guitar pickin', and writing about the adventures of my life. I'm never politically correct.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

NavajO or GhettO...

I was sitting in a KFC one time, minding my own business and eating my 3 piece meal, and there was a couple of local high school aged boys there having a conversation........what was coming out of their mouths was far from typical high school chatter. There was no talk about girl friends, school, or sports and fun. No, it was about their "Bitches" and their "Dawgs". Do they talk to ma'sani' like this? Do they call her "Bitch sani'" Herd sheep with a dew-rag? What has our little country between the sacred mountains become? The streets of Compton? Watts? Brooklyn? No, it was in the 'hood' of Shiprock, New Mexico. Ebonics in my homeland. Do our young people have a identity anymore? Living a life of another. Be Navajo, Be Dine', Be you, Be SMART, and say it loud and say it proud.

No comments: