My photo
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
I'm a Proud Navajo, Father, Husband, Brother, Son, and Friend. I'm all about cheap thrills, guitar pickin', and writing about the adventures of my life. I'm never politically correct.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Why?

I put in the Empire Strikes Back DVD in a about a half hour ago. Just sitting here blogging and glancing up, checking that nothing has changed since the last time. Then there was a loud noise. KaBlam!!! It sounded like a gun shot; a report from a high powered rifle. This sound came from right out side my front windows. I dashed into the living room and turned out all the lights and stood there looking out the windows and waited for something.....hopefully nothing more. I stood there in the darkness for what seemed like an hour when I noticed that I was trembling. In my own house. My wife and kids are asleep upstairs and I hoped that they're not frightened, so I called out. Nothing. The front blinds were all drawn but I had to take a chance to see if they're OK. They were still sleeping. Thank God.

Only one question, why? Dammit, I live here. I had to go back down stairs and live...Of course, I closed all the windows and blinds. My own home. I cannot allow this to influence my thoughts about living here. Damned degenerates. The movie was still on, I couldn't allow anything to ruin my favorite movie...so I took it out and put in Monty Python's The Life Of Brian...Biggus Dickus, that's some funny shit............but I can't seem to smile right now.

No comments: