My photo
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
I'm a Proud Navajo, Father, Husband, Brother, Son, and Friend. I'm all about cheap thrills, guitar pickin', and writing about the adventures of my life. I'm never politically correct.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Hello, My name is Jerome and I'm ...a...a...a Steelers Fan


DSC00952
Originally uploaded by jaecee.
I'm a couch pimple in these times of the year...especially when the Pittsburgh Steelers are in the playoffs. I'm just sitting there festering , all red and angry, waiting to explode with black and gold joy. I have always been this way and I guess it's part of my upbringing. Really, either you were a pussy Cowboys fan or you were a Steel Curtain fan......I chose the latter. That's all I know how to be.

I remember when I was a kid in Window Rock, my folks would get us all in the family Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme and take the journey to my uncle's house in Fort Defiance to watch Sunday football. Yes, this day was fullfilled with the loudest cussing and drinking that the twin cities have ever seen. As I recall, my uncle's single wide trailer was kept at a balmy 85 degrees and filled with the aroma of hocks and beans with a splash of frybread crispyness...Bluebird Bah ala love, if you will, with a hint of Coors Light. Those were the days.

Well, the day ended with Black and Gold triumph in those days of Superbowl IX, X, XIII, and XIV...yes, a Steelers fan has been born and nurtured by the site of Jack Lambert and Franco Harris. In my later years playing at Window Rock High School, I wanted to wear the number 32 but some greedy dumdass nobody stole the jersey from the quanset hut at Judd Avey Memorial Field so I wore number 30...Stole my thunder.

You see my baby girls up there in the picture, although they'd rather be watching Dora the Explorer or drooling, deep inside, they are fans of the Black and Gold. Ha ha. It's always nice to hear my Boogah shout, "go Steelers!" Anyway, I hope to get back on the blog train as soon as I can. Between now and then, I'm a football freak.

GO SCOUTS!!!

GO STEELERS!!!!

Hey, who's your NFL team? Band wagon fans, please do not respond.



No comments: