My photo
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
I'm a Proud Navajo, Father, Husband, Brother, Son, and Friend. I'm all about cheap thrills, guitar pickin', and writing about the adventures of my life. I'm never politically correct.

Monday, January 07, 2008

Did you save me a place?

Curley 011

I'm back. Back when I said I was back, I wasn't back. But now, I am back. And pissed. Damned Steelers. My brother and I both sobbed uncontrollably for a moment and then we watched Ratatouille with the our girls. Yes, as has I, he's been blessed with girls. Karen and I are cut off from the baby making bizz so there won't be any Friday night lights like I hoped but I guess I'll get used to volleyball, ballet, basketball or something they may take up. They're getting bigger so I hope to get them into some kind of sport this summer. I can't wait to fill the pool again, this summer is going to be awesome. With my new job and all it's going to be easier to do things in the evenings with my babies while they are still babies.

Well, I've been back at work for 3 weeks and it is awesome. I'm actually doing some engineering and designing from inside out. I miss designing highways but I'll be doing stuff that is more along my career goal environmental engineering and some civil work. The people here are cool and I actually have more than one mentor that I can brain-pick at. For the next few months I'll be doing alot more studying because I'll be preparing for my professional engineer's license (P.E.). I can't wait to get that out of the way. Plus, it may mean more beso.

The last time I posted was way back in November and we've been ok since my lay off. I got to take a vacation and reflect and watch midday tv while sitting with Emie. We had a good time but it does get boring and I'm glad that I was able to get back to work. A man can only take so many tea parties. Sorry Emie, monsters did not steal the tea party set.

I wasn't able to get home like I wanted to for the holidays but it was nice to see people come out to see us. I smoked the hell out of a turkey for Thankgiving... dang, ya'll should have come by. I made a brine and let the bird soak for a day and I shlathered it with some homemade poultry seasoning and smoked it for about 6 hours. I've never had a more juicy tazhii in my hole life. I might do it again for the Super Bowl but we'll see, my brother wants to cook up something too but we're not sure. Maybe mutton. We might have too much food but for those that know me and those of you in the neighborhood, please let me know that you're around. You have a friend in Rio Rancho!

No comments: