My photo
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
I'm a Proud Navajo, Father, Husband, Brother, Son, and Friend. I'm all about cheap thrills, guitar pickin', and writing about the adventures of my life. I'm never politically correct.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Curley's Backyard Version 5.3


0617081858a.jpg
Originally uploaded by jae cee

My pool has finally found a nesting spot. Geez, it's about time too. I just got to clean it up on the outside and move the deck to the far side of it so the girls and I can soak our toesies. I'd like to add a wooden fence around it for added protection and also the blue color is way gaudy. On the far end we are going to add a solar heater and make it useful earlier and later.

Yeah, my backyard is starting to take shape. We still have a lot to do like add a patio where the deck used to be and plant some trees. We're at odds about what to cover the rest of the yard. Karen wants grass and I wanted a synthetic putting green. I'm bigger than her, I can win this. Haha.

I was supposed to play in a golf tournament this weekend in Angel Fire but that idea fizzled when we had to buy a new motor for down stairs swamp coolers. Karen is relieved that I'm not playing this weekend and she thinks she's putting me to work...haha. Geez, I can't wait until this weekend... I actually get to break out my power tools and make noise. Yaay.

Glory Days Moment......I remember as a kid during the summer we would be in some summer recreation program at Window Rock Elementary School and we would take trips to the pool in Navajo, NM. I used to be able to swim under water from end to end. Those were some fun times.

No comments: