My photo
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
I'm a Proud Navajo, Father, Husband, Brother, Son, and Friend. I'm all about cheap thrills, guitar pickin', and writing about the adventures of my life. I'm never politically correct.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Shi zhe'e


DSC00545.jpg
Originally uploaded by jae cee

Here's a pic of my dad. There are very few. I actually had to sneek this one and of the one's I have this one is my favorite because it's very candid and he's smiling. For a long time, my dad has been in and out of my life and just recently he came back in to my brother's and my life. It took a lot of time and questions to be answered but he is here and I couldn't ask for anything more. Life is too short for me to be angry and especially for him to be reminded of his absence. He's here now. He loves his grandkids and he tries his best to spoil them as best as he can.

He's my dad.

I'm going home to visit my dad and grill up some t-bones for him. Funny thing, a couple of years ago he came to our home for Father's Day and I plated him up with a chubby t-bone and he told me he had never had that kind of steak before. All those years of ranching and all he's had was round steak. Haha. I got him a new radio, a new flashlight, gloves, deck of cards, and and a roll of Skoal. Of course we loaded up his pantry with some tasty vittles and several cases of sodas. We'll probably do the same this weekend with a little extra...he's easily pleased. The girls are going to get a kick out of visiting him and the farm.

Have a Happy Father's Day my good people! Be safe.

P.S. Do something special for the old man..... a tie and the big piece of chicken just don't cut it. Maybe a new NFL Licensed Pittsburgh Steelers Odyssey 2 ball putter. :p

No comments: