My photo
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
I'm a Proud Navajo, Father, Husband, Brother, Son, and Friend. I'm all about cheap thrills, guitar pickin', and writing about the adventures of my life. I'm never politically correct.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Deck saga........part BLEH...

Ok, so I got back on task with my deck. I finished the deck part of the deck but it's still essentially just a big wooden table aside of my pool. Next thing to do is to build the steps to lead up to the heavens of deckus maximus. I went down to the local Home Depot and got some 2"x12" to build stringers and some red wood 2"x6" for the steps. All was good until I started cutting the pressure treated lumber...dammit... my circular saw started to bind and wander thus f'ing up my 18 dollar stringer. Geez, I then dug out my old 10 inch circular saw.....same damned thing. Then I realized that the wood was saturated with the pressure treatment chemicals that when I started to cut the wood it would start to swell and clinch down on my blades. So, I had my old trusty hand saw... did the trick but my arms, back, and chest are hurting like a mofo today. I guess I had to start up my work out routine sometime. haha.

As for my doc appointment, I guess for my size I'm actually pretty healthy. BP is good, dang supermarket bp machines started to freak me out cuz I was getting outragous bp readings. I guess my guns that I developed last summer were too big for the machines. Haha. Blood sugar is normal. Cholesterol is elevated. Too many dead cows eaten this summer. The doc told me to eat vegetables and eat fruits..... man, that seems to be all I do eat. I loves me a good salad and steamed veggies. I don't even salt things or shlather them in sauces and goop. Docs never believe you though. All in all, it just seems that I should get off my ass more often. More juice and fewer brewskis. Bleh. Well, the girls are back in school, I can get back into a regular routine soon. We'll see.

No comments: