My photo
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
I'm a Proud Navajo, Father, Husband, Brother, Son, and Friend. I'm all about cheap thrills, guitar pickin', and writing about the adventures of my life. I'm never politically correct.

Friday, May 06, 2005

Car Dealerships = Wal-Mart = Evil

1 May, 2005

There's three friggin hours I'll never ever get back. I have a truck, kick-ass to drive and is comfy on the bum, but it's a hog to feed. I have to drive a ways to get to work, let's say an hour each way. Well, at least 37 miles from Rio Rancho to East Albuquerque to get to work. My truck gets about 14-15 miles per gallon of gasoline. Do the math. I tell you, some of this shit should be free. Anyway, so I need a change. Ok, get what I want this time.........let's get a Jeep. Cherokee. Wrangler. No, RUBICON. Lifted. Big'un treads. Lizardlike. Wind in my Hair. New. This is what I want. Let's go to the dealership...Buuuuullllllssshhhhiiitt, these guys don't deal, they want a reach-around with chocolates and your first-born. I spent three hours of my life answering their "what's it going to take to get you to drive away with that Jeep" and their back and forth to the finance manager dance. Then I told him exactly what I wanted.........buy my truck for what I owe and call it even and I don't want my payments to change, I want it the same or lower. That is ultimately what I want. Don't change my life expenses, just change what I drive. Still wasted my time. "We can do this, but not that"...."what if you give us this and we give you that"...Blah blah fuckin' blah. Well, I walked. Nothing has changed, they called me at work today. I'm too pissed to buy anything. I'll see what happens this week.

5 May, 2005

I'm going back in. I'm going to get what I want or I'm walkin'. Wish me luck.

No comments: