My photo
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
I'm a Proud Navajo, Father, Husband, Brother, Son, and Friend. I'm all about cheap thrills, guitar pickin', and writing about the adventures of my life. I'm never politically correct.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I remember that day...



I got up later than usual but the coffee was still hot. Karen always made it just right for me before she left to work.
She taught 5th grade at Naschitti Elementary School, not far from where we lived. Yeah, I've all ready taken the long trek to Alfred Station, New York, and I learned how she had grown up with 4 sisters in the rolling hills of western New York. It was a three days tour to the state of New York by way of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, where her eldest sister lived.
I turned on the television at about 8:30am and what I saw on was confusing at first because all I saw was something that look like a movie set. There was a lot of smoke and there was rubble and the people. The people were crying, shouting, and wondering. The anchor came on at that time and announced that there was an explosion of a bomb at the Alfred P. Murrah Building in Downtown Oklahoma City. All I could think about was that my sister-in-law lived there and pretty close to down town. The first thing that I thought about was to call my mother-in-law to see if she had received a call from Theresa. She hadn't. I ran to the school and told Karen. There was nothing we could do, but wait for her. The rest of the day just sucked. I was glued to the tv. I couldn't do anything. By this time, they start looking for bodies and survivors. Later on, we got a call from Mom that Theresa was OK. She was OK. She was a couple of miles away. Still it was too close.
I cried that night. How could anybody do such an act? How? Pure evil. Human nature. It's known that we'll end our existence. This was only a start.
I'm not sure this will end. There will always be war in one form or another as long as there are humans. What do you think?

No comments: