My photo
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
I'm a Proud Navajo, Father, Husband, Brother, Son, and Friend. I'm all about cheap thrills, guitar pickin', and writing about the adventures of my life. I'm never politically correct.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I still gots me Musckles......lil peoples...eat your spinach!


Thats me with Mr. Olympia, Jay Cutler. He is one big dude. Dang I look goofy with my old man sweater. It looks like my bodyless head is floating.

Last week was that.........weak. I worked out one day on my chest and triceps. The other days got mixed up with assorted distractions. Oh well, I'm not training for any event. Y'know, I don't want to make this work, it's more like a chore...if you floor is all sticky, you mop. If you got soft man-boobs, lift weights and make them perky hard striated man-boobs. Ha ha.

Today is rest day. Monday's and yesterday's workout was awesome, I got pretty pumped and I am almost back to the slugs that I left off at a few years back. Isn't that weird? I haven't lifted heavy for alot of years but it seems that since I kept up my calorie intake that my prior muscle mass didn't all soften up into a chunk of body cheese wizz. Sometimes, chicken wings and a few beers can do a body good...:)

The only problems I have is that I don't have a means of doing squats. I can do squats but if I have to bail doing the last reps.....it's all coming down on my shoulders, back, neck, and head. A couple of years back, I used to have a Smith Machine and it worked well during heavy lifting exercises when I have to bail. I lift alone and there is nobody around to spot me, that's why I had this kind of machine. I sold it when I had to move out to Albuquerque. I'm going to try step-ups and see what that does.

I look forward to Thursday and Friday. Legs and shoulders are all I have left before the Memorial Day weekend. I think I can manage to workout on Monday since this gig has become more of a habit.

No comments: