My photo
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
I'm a Proud Navajo, Father, Husband, Brother, Son, and Friend. I'm all about cheap thrills, guitar pickin', and writing about the adventures of my life. I'm never politically correct.

Monday, July 23, 2007

I'm foot loose

Hah! Dang it felt alright. I ran. I ran like a rhino on a bed of pillows. I ran for quite a ways in my standards. Well, it's the first time in about a year that I ran and it was better than I expected. I used to run for about 200 yards and peter out due to stains in my legs and a wuss mentality. Geez, I used to hike mountains, run footballs for the FIGHTING SCOUTS, squat behind the plate for the FIGHTING SCOUTS, and carry heavy hoses into fires. This time it was almost a whole mile but I thought I could keep going but my dog kept wanting to smell the "roses". I felt, I'll do better next time and I'm pretty psyched that I will.

I've been working my legs in my weight training routine and stretching them out as I go. Having kick ass new shoes helps too. These new NB's I just got are pretty cool even though they look like moon boots. I have a general goal to someday run a marathon and I'm sure it's going to be a couple of years before I attempt such a feat and even though, where is my weight training going to take me from here. I'm just going to truck on as far as my determination will take me.

Rock on.

No comments: