My photo
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
I'm a Proud Navajo, Father, Husband, Brother, Son, and Friend. I'm all about cheap thrills, guitar pickin', and writing about the adventures of my life. I'm never politically correct.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Low and slow

I have to relate my body to a nice big chubby cut of beef brisket. Oh yeah, that's me. A good peace of tough meat with a big chunk of fat attached to it. Or you can look at this way.....a big block of marble with a Navajo "David" on the inside. Haha. Anyway, my anectdote is about meat so back to the meat. When you get that cut of meat with almost an equal amount of fat stuck to it...how do you make it into a nice beautiful slice of tasty edible din din? You cook it low and slow. If you cook it fast, it gets burnt and it remains inedible. If you cook it slow, if comes out of the smoker as the best tasty morsel of goodness that you ever had. A masterpiece for all the scenses.

The reason why I think of it that way? I used to smoke a brisket every other weekend or so but this summer.....Nay nay. Grilled chicken breasts were a big part of my diet. I don't mind it though, but a medium rare New York strip steak will make me tell the truth anytime. So, since I can't get me a chunk of delicious cow every weekend, I have to morph my toungue lust in to a positive drive to my rejuvinated exercise regiment. In other words, I'm re-channeling my drive......from flab to dammit, i can't eat well marbled cuts of delicious bovine tasty bits!

Oh yeah, it's difficult. But at the end, it's all going to pay off. If not, I'll just barbeque myself.

What I'm really saying is in response to the ladies that have been commenting.....a marathon? And when you said, "whole enchilada", I relapsed. Ha ha. Low and slow baby. I'm built for comfort right now, not speed. Let me cook for a while. Three miles is a more attainable goal than 26 miles. Maybe in a next year, or even a couple of years...I may try. Low and slow. Let me get there.

Hey, thanks for all the responses, I really appreciate the encouragement. Rock on.

No comments: