My photo
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
I'm a Proud Navajo, Father, Husband, Brother, Son, and Friend. I'm all about cheap thrills, guitar pickin', and writing about the adventures of my life. I'm never politically correct.

Friday, June 17, 2005

A Father's Day Someday

M Age 3



Dear M,

You turned 15 this year. Wow, the funny thing is that, in my mind, you are still that little 3 year old that I used to hold and cuddle. There is not a day that I don't think about you. I hope someday that we be able to come together and share our lifes stories with each other, I'll be waiting because I have a lot to tell you. I always wonder if you know about me. I hope you do. Above all, I hope that you are happy.

You have two little sisters and I tell them about you but they are still too young to understand why their big sister isn't here. K, the older one, is 3 and reminds me of how you acted and played when you were 3. She looks just like you. She asked me one day what your favorite color was and I didn't know. I'm hoping that someday you can tell her yourself.

Love,
DAD

No comments: