My photo
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
I'm a Proud Navajo, Father, Husband, Brother, Son, and Friend. I'm all about cheap thrills, guitar pickin', and writing about the adventures of my life. I'm never politically correct.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Another Heavy Metal Christmas has come and gone


08-23-05_2140.jpg
Originally uploaded by jaecee.

Well, the Ozzman cometh and wenteth...
Hey metal heads this was one of the best shows that I had ever attended. I remember the first time I saw Ozzy Osbourne was with Metallica back in 1986 at the Tingley Coliseum. Man, what a show.

Now in 2004 and 2005 OzzFest shows, he still does not let up on the true metal cause. I hope that I'm that active and crazy when I'm up in my 60's.....I just have to stop fuckin' cussing so much and injesting wobbly pop and sour mash. Hmmm....that's the ticket.

Well the show was a blast from the start. I got there a little after 1 o'clock and saw a bit of Kill Switch Engage who, by the way, is going immediately into my CD case as soon as payday rolls around.

Rob Zombie, the blood suckin weirdo, rocked us all and also invited little ol' Albuquerque metal brains to be recorded on a live recording. I hope we don't hit the cutting room floor.

Also being added to my list of new faves is Mudvayne. Whoa, a monkey suite does not make them an odd group of freaks.


08-23-05_2129.jpg
Originally uploaded by jaecee.

Now here comes Velvet Revolver..... hmmmm. Either these guys are still on drugs or they needed alot more rehearsing. There seemed to be alot of things that just didn't seem to be in sync with their set. Scott Weiland's whiny voice didn't do it for me. It was cool to see Slash and Duff McKagen though.

Black Sabbath. I can't say anything that will sugar coat this bands evilness and mind blowing sound. I was before the metal geniuses of the 20th and 21st centuries. And they are closing in on being a century old. Of course, this is the last year of the Black Sabbath's headlining of the OzzFest tours, I am so glad to see them. Not once, but twice!

The whole day was generally warm, but not hot like last years arm pit heat. It did rain on us pretty well during the Shadow's Fall set. I was diggin' the white t-shirts ladies. Oh, yeah.

I rate this show, 4.75 stars out of 5 because of Velvet Revolver's lackluster performance and the absence of IRON MAIDEN. Rock on my good people!!!

No comments: