My photo
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
I'm a Proud Navajo, Father, Husband, Brother, Son, and Friend. I'm all about cheap thrills, guitar pickin', and writing about the adventures of my life. I'm never politically correct.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Fishin' and prayin'


Big Un #2
Originally uploaded by jaecee.

I miss fishing. I just figured that out. Since I moved to the Albuquerque area, which was 2 years ago, I haven't wetted a line and felt the slight tug of a big bass slurping in a plum Zoom SS+U-tale worm. I know there's some fishing spots here in Albuquerque and some of the surrounding lakes but it's not the same as it was at Morgan Lake.

Yeah, I know, there's the APS powerplant and may make the fish undesireable for eatin', but I went there to fish and release what I didn't use. I assure you, take from an environmental engineer, it's ok to eat the fish, just make sure you discard the ones with ears and hands. Ha ha, I'm just joking, the fish are very safe to eat.

I'm digressing, I know but I really miss walking along the banks of the western dam Texas rigging around the rocks for some action.

At the time I was doing my most fishing was when I was still working at Sears and taking classes at San Juan College. I still continued through the times I attended NAU up until I graduated in the spring of 2003.

It was a time for me to think, plan, and talk to God. I prayed a lot when I was on the lake. Not for a fish to bite but for a glimpse of clarity of my life's path. I couldn't do this in a church. Someone once told me that I wasn't a Christian because I didn't do it thier way. "Huh", I said, "I'm glad I don't worship your god too."

Lately, I've been looking at my blog and I've found that my mood is not always good. I know it's part of my shtick but I find that it doesn't really represent who I am. For those that don't know me, I'm really not that grouchy, especially when I'm fishing. I guess I'll have to get out there soon and see if Bertha is still in there.

The fish you see measures about 26" long and weighed about 12lbs. I'm sure it would have been a Navajo Nation record and may be a New Mexico record, I just don't know. Fortune sometimes doesn't have witnesses. Well, God was there, he'll vouch for me.

*In case you were wondering, this fish was released.*

No comments: