My photo
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
I'm a Proud Navajo, Father, Husband, Brother, Son, and Friend. I'm all about cheap thrills, guitar pickin', and writing about the adventures of my life. I'm never politically correct.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Metal phonies and the metal devout


MEGADETH
Originally uploaded by jaecee.
Well, my wife and I went to Gigantour. This is my 100th something concert and my wife's second, the first time I took her to a show was the Summer Sanitarium Tour in Denver with Deftones, Mudvayne, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, and Metallica headlining. What a way of breaking her into the concert scene, I thought she would never return to a show with me after she got tossed over the front barrier when Metallica started the Ecstacy of Gold. She did, with a grain of salt, accompanied me to see Megadeth, Dream Theater, Fear Factory, and a bit of new metal ensembles, Dillenger Escape Plan, Symphony X, Dry Kill Logic, Nevermore, Life of Agony, and Bobaflex. Compared to the big open floor stadium concerts of yesteryear this concert proved to be tamed and income controlled. I think Dave would have torn down all the little pussy chairs that were before the stage at the Journal Pavilion if he could have the chance, I would. As I looked around to see who attended this show it seems odd that the trueist of metal fans were up in the lawn trying to spawn a revolution against the privileged and the fake who were sipping wine down in front.

No comments: