My photo
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
I'm a Proud Navajo, Father, Husband, Brother, Son, and Friend. I'm all about cheap thrills, guitar pickin', and writing about the adventures of my life. I'm never politically correct.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

So she threw her panties at me as I sang to a crowd of thousands....

I'm a guitar player and singer. Maybe not a good one, but I'd win a karoke match for the effort. Well, maybe because I would suck less than everybody else.

On my way to work was non eventful but it did come to an apex at one point along the way. I got up, showered and dressed, hopped in my truck and drove north along Unser Blvd and then east on US 550 to Bernalillio. In my normal morning ritual of driving to work, I would tune into 94 Rock and listen to the 94 Rock Morning Show with T.J.Trout, Erica Viking, The Rainman, and Swami Rob on sports (yeah, yeah, shameless plug, but I'm trying to brown-nose for some fucking OzzFest Tickets because my poor ass self is a poor ass) and take the 40 minute drive to work, but this morning....one thing made it all different.

I got in my truck and immediately heard the sounds of Eagles from the CD I left in my head unit the night before. Ah hell, I left it to play....

...runnin' down the road trying to loosen my load, got seven women on my mind......

Ok, down the road I went with the windows rolled down. Witchy Woman and Lyin' Eyes came up....singin at the top of my lungs.....damn, I'm good if I do say so my self.....well, compared to Fenders II (not Fenders I) standards of a Fort Defiance Chapter House dance. I skipped the fourth track because I wanted to sing and rolled into Bernalillio.....

Deeeesperadoooooo....

I rolled to the second stoplight, minding my own damned business and still singing with 70's vigor.....

...do your feet get cold in the winter time...

and then I looked to my right as two blond girls in their car next to me were looking at me....applauding and hootin' and shoutin'..."BRAVO!!!" My face turned beet red, but I continued to sing as I drove away...but they caught up and continued they're fake deluge of fanatic grovel...I was indeed embarassed and at the same time...amused and noticed a swelling of my ego. Ha ha!!! Could I still have it? Well, maybe not but it's nice to think so. I wonder if Paula Abdul would try to nail me too if I was a contenda. Ha Ha Ha Ha. Rock on my good people!!!

The title caught your attention, huh.

No comments: